cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject IBM jdk "issue"
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 18:54:33 GMT

I'm playing around with the latest IBM 1.6 JDK cause I think we can now
support it since there is a version of SAAJ built in that actually
works.

However, I've run into a minor "snag".   For every test, we have it
configured to look for target/test-classes/logging.properties for the
logging properties.   However, that file doesn't exist for almost all
our cases.   Sun just ignores it and pretty much doesn't log anything.
IBM, however, spits out a stack trace and then sets the warning level to
WARNING.   It's non-fatal, but it does result in a stack trace printed
for each module (and probably a bunch in systest, haven't gotten that
far yet).

1) Document it as a "known issue" with building with the IBM jdk.

2) Add a suitable logging.properties files to EVERY module.

3) Don't set a "java.util.logging.config.file" and just allow the info
level stuff to spit out on Sun.  (lots of stuff, although less with the
work Benson and Glen have done)

Others?   Thoughts?

--
J. Daniel Kulp