cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Issue CXF 1494 (Issue Using JAX-RS / REST When AOP Proxy Is In Place)
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 14:10:20 GMT
Hi

Yes, I believe it's the same issue. I'll fix this issue at the enxt few days, possibly at
weekends, if it needs to be fixed earlier then there's a simple patch which can be applied,
it's really a one liner fix for the ClassResourceInfo, in its constructor it has this line
:

resourceClass = theResourceClass;

which needs to be changed to a private invocation

initResourceClass(theResourceClass)

and in this function one would check if it's a Proxy and if yes then get the wrapped class.

we've discussed this issue with Steve Ardis and I think it would make sense to make this a
default behaviour, that is, JAX-RS runtime is proxyAware by default and if we ever need to
we can introduce an explicit proxyAware attribute...

No workaround is available at the moment...

Cheers, Sergey

> Hi,
>
> I've come across an issue which I think has been already found but yet to
> be fixed:
>
> I'm using CXF's 2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT version, and I have an issue with
> JAX-RS/REST and Spring's @Transactional annotation.
>
> Here's the implementation class:
> @WebService(endpointInterface = "admin.AdminService")
> @Path("/admin/")
> @Transactional(propagation = Propagation.REQUIRED)
> public class AdminServiceImpl AdminService {
>        @GET
>        @Path("/ping/")
>        public String ping() {
>                return "Ping Successfull";
>        }
> }
>
> As it is, it fails with "No operation found for path", but if I remove the
> @Transaction annotation it works fine.
>
> My questions are:
> - Is my issue arising from the same problem as CXF 1494?
> - If so, when can I expect it to be fixed?
> - Is there a current workaround?
>
> Cheers
> Chico

Registered Number: 171387