cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: Migration guide for 2.1......
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 15:19:44 GMT
Hi

I think I may've said that updating a WS-Policy engine for it to be able to publish/advertize
policy assertions for the consumers to automatically pick them up would be on the top of my
list, as far as the WS-Policy engine refactoring were concerned...It hasn't been implemented
though, but when it will it won't affect the existng consumers, as these advertized policy
assertions will be recognized by the policy-aware client runtimes only...
So it should not be an issue for the migration...

Cheers, Sergey

> IIRC Sergey or someone else was placing in additional policy assertions
> (ability for the web service provider to require use of WS-RM or SSL or
> WS-Security?)
>

> Am Montag, den 07.04.2008, 09:22 -0400 schrieb Daniel Kulp:
>> With 2.1 coming up real soon, we need to collect information for a
>> migration guide for people moving from 2.0.x to 2.1.    The things I
>> know about (off the top of my head):
>>
>> 1) Aegis databinding configuration is different (but better). :-)
>>
>> 2) Code generated for WS-Addressing endpoints is very different.   The
>> old CXF EndpointReferenceType is replaced with the jaxws standard
>> version.
>>
>> 3) java2wsdl tools are gone (including maven plugin) replaced with the
>> java2ws tool.
>>
>> What else do people know about that could affect people migrating from
>> 2.0.x to 2.1?

Registered Number: 171387