cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sergey Beryozkin" <sergey.beryoz...@iona.com>
Subject Re: How can I use Long instead of String for @PathParam?
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 08:51:53 GMT
At the moment PathParams are assumed to be Strings.
It's worth noting that until now the contributions to CXF JAX-RS were focused on making it
more functional, that is, for 80% of typical cases to work.
For ex, as far as PathParams are concerned, the spec mandates that if a class (like Long)
has valueOf(String) then this method need to be used (or if it has a constructor accepting
String). We basically ignored things like that until now as the lack of support for such things
would not be a blocker and focused on making sure that Uri Templating works, subresources
work, etc. For ex, a simple workaround would be to have String as a type of the path param
and then do Long.valueOf in the code.

At this stage of its lifecycle, CXf JAXRS needs a bit of polishing (for ex, superclasses are
not currently checked for @Path, Request impl does not support IfModifiedSince and Variants,
UriBuilderImpl is not complete). I'm going to update the documentation and list few tasks
which I would encourage CXF JAX-RS users to consider taking on to help to push CXF JAXRS implementation
further.

As I promised earlier I'll have a look at at a proxy issue soon (possibly these weekends),
and I will probably fix this problem as well, as it's a really simple one to deal with...

Cheers, Sergey