cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 20:45:33 GMT
I'm not entirely sure that I believe it, but it appears that the following
bit of spring from cxf.xml is disproportionately expensive. Why? Because it
uses a contructor with arguments. Why? Because spring has to think much
harder to decide on a constructor than a set of set methods.

So... I'm going to try adding set methods, a no-args constructor, and an
init-method, and see what I see.

If this works, I'll be on the hunt for other cases of the same (anti????)
pattern.

 <bean id="org.apache.cxf.resource.ResourceManager" class="
org.apache.cxf.bus.resource.ResourceManagerImpl">
       <constructor-arg>
            <list>
                <bean class="org.apache.cxf.resource.ClasspathResolver"/>
                <bean class="org.apache.cxf.resource.ClassLoaderResolver"/>
                <bean class="
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.BusApplicationContextResourceResolver"/>
            </list>
       </constructor-arg>
       <property name="bus" ref="cxf"/>
    </bean>