cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: More news from the performance front
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:24:44 GMT
Looks like there are two approaches possible to connecting in StaX.

1) As per Dan's help last night, use the StaX DOM 'sink', and copy SAX
events. I have this coded. It will be subtly incompatible if any of our
users somehow manager to depend on the Spring entity resolver or fine
details of error handling. I don't see how the first is likely to be an
issue, and the second, well, ...

2) Use the woodstox sax parser class, and then use TraX to turn it's results
into a DOM. That has the advantage of being as compatible as Talu cared to
make the entity and error management.

Even though I've invested effort in #1, I'm thinking that #2 would be the
more virtuous alternative.