cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PLEASE [DISCUSS]] Spring validation
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2008 10:19:02 GMT
So,

Validation reduction is a worthwhile improvement, but there's still quite a
lot of time spent reading all our files.

I can think of a few more or less wild and crazy alternatives.

Sadly, Spring is very committed to the DOM. So my original idea of StaX
seems beyond a reasonable level of effort. Unless Xerces is such a pig that
we know a faster file-to-DOM path that starts with WoodStox. Plugging such a
thing into Spring wouldn't be especially painful.

On the other hand, is there any way we can 'precompile' XML files into some
artifact that springs (ahem) into life as a DOM tree? I used to work on an
OODBMS.

I wonder if reading PYX would be significantly faster than reading XML. PYX
seems to have largely evaporated.