cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Change to full spring jar?
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:34:53 GMT

What are peoples thoughts about changing from using the minimal spring
jars to using the full spring jar?

The main advantages I see are:
* Debugging is eclipse works as the full spring jar has the sources jar
in maven.   This is huge to me. :-)
* Only one jar to deal with in lib (kind of, see disadvantages)
* Would be a little bit easier to write some of the testcases and stuff
around some of the other features (like aop) as we wouldn't need to
track down so of those extra dependency jars and such.

Main disadvantages:
* The main spring jars sucks in a TON of dependencies.   We'll have to
look at it very carefully for things that can/should be excluded.
Otherwise, we get a ton of EXTRA jars in lib.
* It's slightly larger.

Thoughts?

--
J. Daniel Kulp