cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Process to build the full javadoc
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 15:05:44 GMT

Yea, for the most part, we've kept the source jars and javadoc stuff out
of the normal build as they just take too long to run.   The build is
long enough as it is.   They are in the deploy profile as we DO want
them when we deploy.  (and the release plugin is setup to use the deploy
profile)

One important thing in how CXF does the javadoc:  it unpacks all the
source jars and runs javadoc on the whole thing.  Thus, the source jars
need to be created and installed first.  If not, it barfs.   The latest
javadoc plugin does have the ability to do aggregate javadoc from the
top level pom, but that version then makes the build about 20x slower as
it forks lifecylces all over the place.   The next version of javadoc
plugin will probably have separate goals for aggregate and non-aggregate
javadoc things.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp