cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [PLEASE [DISCUSS]] Spring validation
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:48:28 GMT
I don't know the full story here--is this validation occurring for web
services or SOAP clients--which one is your main concern?  Also, is this
validation occurring for *every* web service request (client side) or
*each* web service processing (service side)--or just once?  Also, which
config files are you speaking of--just the main cxf.xml one used for the
bus?

I suspect we do not need to be validating our own static configuration
files (if any), but validating their config files would appear to make
sense--this is something they can turn off if it performance is a
problem for them.  For newbies, I think is is better to have validation
over performance, even if it is not immediately obvious to the newbie
how to optimize performance.

Also, is this "spring.validation.mode" property a Spring default name
(i.e., those working with Spring usually know about it)?  Then perhaps
it would be best to keep using that property name.  Just as the benefits
of working with Maven is that all projects run alike, a similar argument
can be made for configuring Spring-based applications.

Regards,
Glen