cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Barry Fitzgerald" <barfitzger...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAX-RS custom provider spring config
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:50:04 GMT
Hey Sergey,

I'm convinced! I was just sending an e-mail to say so!

However my usecase requires me to replace the default JSON providor with a
badgerfish one.  So I'd like to discuss how to do  1 & 2.

The spec says:

"An implementation MUST support application-provided EntityProvider
implementations and MUST
use those in preference to its own pre-packaged EntityProvider
implementations when either could
handle the same request."

I therefore think the best way to handle this is for the providerfactory to
maintain two lists of providers - user defined and default.

When deciding how to handle a request it first checks the user defined to
see if any of these match. If no user defined providers match it the falls
back to default list. I think this would handle both 1 & 2, implement the
Spec correctly and would leave the spring syntax the same as I've discussed.

Whatcha think?

Barry