cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Unreal Jiang <sinbad_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [NOTICE] CXF Karma clean up
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:28:15 GMT
count me in

Unreal Jiang

Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

As discussed on the cxf-private list, we need to cleanup the karma lists
(PPMC and committers) so that we can present an accurate reflection of
the state of the project during the final graduation process and to the
board.   During the 18 months we've been in the incubator, I know
several of the initial committers never showed up and several have moved
on to other things.   We need to clean up the lists.

The goal is not to strip karma from anyone that wants to remain a
committer.   Thus, any committer that would like to remain a committer,
just send a reply to this message with a "count me in" type response.
I'll wait at least 14 days (till Feb 21st, spans 3 work weeks) before
assembling the lists to give everyone the opportunity to respond.

If somebody is on vacation/medical leave etc., they can within a
reasonable time period and prior to graduation request the PPMC to add
their name back to the list.   Post graduation the decision to do so
lies with the then acting PMC.   Again, we don't want to exclude anyone
that has been a contributor to CXF and wants to remain.   We just need
to provide an accurate state of the project.

Also, optionally, it would be nice if, along with the ack, you specified
any company affiliation that you would like listed.  The diversity issue
is bound to pop up and I'd like to have that information assembled as
well.

Thanks!
Dan Kulp
On behalf of the CXF PPMC