cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Want to debug/trace WSDL2Java within Eclipse
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 18:18:01 GMT

Glen,

By default, maven doesn't build source jars (as that would slow the build
down for everyone).   There are a couple ways to proceed:

1) Run "mvn source:jar install -Pfastinstall
or similar to tell maven to also build the source jars before install
time.  They would then get installed and eclipse:eclipse will find them
later.

2) If you REALLY want to start working in eclipse to develop CXF, follow
the steps at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Setting+up+Eclipse
The -Psetup.eclipse profile will completely setup the eclipse workspace
with checkstyle rules, pmd rules, linked projects, etc...   You can
change the code to see stuff immediately, etc...

Of course, CXF consists of something like 50 projects which is a big list
when imported into eclipse.  The "Package Explorer" tab gets pretty
long.   That's when using eclipse working sets can help.   I have a
couple working sets setup to help manage it.   Example: I have a "tools"
working set that just has the tools projects.  I have a jaxws projects
with just the stuff I need for jaxws stuff, etc...

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA