cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: java2java in mvn
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:33:36 GMT

Benson,

On Thursday 21 February 2008, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I want to set up java2wsdl2java in systest to try out some Aegis/JAX
> interoperation. Can you give my any sort of a headstart, or should I
> flail? Since the Aegis classes have to be compiled to run java2ws, and
> the we need to compile some more to get the results compiled, I'm
> somewhat out of my depth.

Yea, this is a complicated scenarios that Maven really doesn't allow.
It really just allows a single compile step for sources and a single
compile step for tests.   Not multiple.

That said, in systests, you COULD potentially "fake" it since the whole
thing really is a test module.   You could put the services themselves
in src/main/java.   They would be compiled in the source compile step.
Then, generate the wsdl and then the new services in the
generate-test-sources phase (runs after the src compile phase) which
would then generate the required stuff for tests.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer, IONA