cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue using the JBIWrapperOutInterceptor
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 18:44:18 GMT

I'll apply the patch, thanks....

> Also I wouldn't mind knowing if there is a reason why the
> HolderOutInterceptor adds the objects based on the part index.

Everything should be using the index stored in the part and not the parts
location in the iterator.   It's kind of important.   There are
many "sources" of the objects, especially when dealing with the
wrapped/unwrapped conversion, but also things like in-band headers, out
of band headers, soap w/ attachements, etc...    Up front, we go through
and make sure each part is assigned a unique index into the list so that
we can be sure that they are not clobbering each other.

Prior to 2.0.3 (maybe 2.0.2), we didn't do that.   We did try and just
use it's index in the message, but that caused all kinds of problems,
especially around headers and the process of converting from wrapped to
unwrapped and back.   For example:

With a (wrapped, not bare) method like:

int doFoo(@WebParam(header = true) int a,
               String b)

"a" must have index 0, b must have index 1 as that is the order they need
to be in to call method.invoke().

However, the part order in the wsdl MUST have the generated wrapper
first, then the header.  (doc/lit/wrapped requirement).  Thus, the
wrapper stuff would be first in the part list, but would need to be last
in the index and vice versa.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp