cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pooling of JAX-WS Handlers
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 22:22:42 GMT

Bharath,

On Friday 15 February 2008, Bharath Ganesh wrote:
> Currently for an endpoint, for any given handler configured, CXF
> creates only a single handler instance. How about configuring the
> maximum instances that can be created and maintaining a pool of
> handler instances?

I guess I'm slightly confused by the question.   This could be taken a
couple ways:

1) For an endpoint with a "Handler1" configured, there is a pool of
Handler1 instances where one is used for each request.  (This would
allows handlers to be rewritten to be non-rentrant)

2) For all endpoints that have a "Handler1" configured, they share a pool
of N (where N could be one) instances of Handler1.   Thus, the handler
could be a singleton shared by everything.

Maybe another interpretation?

Can you clarify what you are thinking?

--
J. Daniel Kulp