cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Are we ready to graduate?
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:24:23 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 27.02.2008, 12:12 -0500 schrieb Daniel Kulp:

> On #2:  I'm strongly in favor of going TLP.   While some may argue that a
> subproject of ws may be preferred, I'm not one of them.  :-)   I
> personally think the WS project should actually be broken up a bit, so
> making the situation worse doesn't accomplish anything.     However,
> that is mostly my subjective opinion.

TLP, unless we are interested in rigging up something with ActiveMQ,
Camel, and ServiceMix under something like an Apache ESB TLP. Being a
subproject under WS would result in conflicting goals IMO.  Another
benefit of a TLP is that if the JAX-RS stuff spawns off into a separate
project a la Metro/Jersey it would also remain part of the same TLP.

Glen