cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Want to debug/trace WSDL2Java within Eclipse
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:51:20 GMT
Team,

I'm trying to debug/trace the trunk version of our WSDL2Java tool within
Eclipse, but the IDE can't seem to find the source code for the CXF
project modules.  All other third-party libraries needed by CXF it can
find the source for however.

Stated another way, in the .classpath file that mvn eclipse:eclipse
generates, the sourcepath attributes are listed for non-CXF libraries
but not for CXF ones:

<snippet>
<-- non-CXF are good, they have sourcepath attributes: -->

  <classpathentry kind="var"
path="M2_REPO/velocity/velocity-dep/1.4/velocity-dep-1.4.jar"
sourcepath="M2_REPO/velocity/velocity-dep/1.4/velocity-dep-1.4-sources.jar"/>
  <classpathentry kind="var"
path="M2_REPO/org/apache/ws/commons/schema/XmlSchema/1.3.2/XmlSchema-1.3.2.jar" sourcepath="M2_REPO/org/apache/ws/commons/schema/XmlSchema/1.3.2/XmlSchema-1.3.2-sources.jar"/>

<-- CXF missing sourcepath attributes: -->

  <classpathentry kind="var"
path="M2_REPO/org/apache/cxf/cxf-common-schemas/2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT/cxf-common-schemas-2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>

  <classpathentry kind="var"
path="M2_REPO/org/apache/cxf/cxf-tools-common/2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT/cxf-tools-common-2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT.jar"/>
</snippet>

I think the problem is that "mvn clean install" from the CXF trunk is
installing the JARs in my local repository, but not the sources of them
(I can't find the sources there like I can find for the third party
JARs.) [1] below seems to indicate that would be the source of this
problem.

The process I followed:  I checked out the CXF trunk and built the
project using "mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip".  I next ran "mvn
eclipse:clean eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources=true" from the
trunk/tools/wsdlto/core directory (where WSDL2Java is).  Next, I
imported the trunk/tools/wsdlto/core project into Eclipse.

Anyone know how to get mvn eclipse:eclipse to include the sourcepaths in
the .classpath file for the CXF libraries like it does for the non-CXF
libraries?  (Or alternatively, I think, how to get "mvn install" to
install the CXF sources into my local repository just as it does the CXF
JARs?)

Thanks,
Glen

[1]