cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Oisin Hurley <ohur...@iona.com>
Subject Re: What to do with Public Domain code?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:29:15 GMT
> I'm faced with the following in some JavaScript.
>
> // This code was written by Tyler Akins and has been placed in the
> // public domain.  It would be nice if you left this header intact.

Ah nice :)  Once the code is in the public domain it usually means
that the author has disclaimed copyright and that you are free to
use the code whatsoever way you wish. The piece about the header
remaining intact is a suggestion rather than a request, I would
say.

Still, I guess courtesy would suggest that it would be a good thing
to attribute the author in the code.

As usual, IANAL.

  --oh

Registered Number: 171387