cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Zhang <jeff.zh...@iona.com>
Subject split manifest for jdk6 support
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 06:09:51 GMT
Hi,

I work on CXF jdk6 support. My proposal is split
cxf-manifest-incubator.jar into 2 manifest jars, one includes all javax
jars embedded in JDK6, such as jaxws, jaxb, stax, jws, annotation,
etc..., we can call it cxf-specs-manifest.jar. And another one contains
the rest jars.

If users use JDK5, they include both manifest jars in classpath, if use
JDK6, they can only include one manifest. For samples shipped with CXF,
we can define rule in common_build.xml, it get JDK version from OS
environment, and put right manifest jar into classpath.

Do you think it reasonable?

Thanks
Jeff