cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: exit xmime:contentType, stage left?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:12:37 GMT
On Wednesday 23 January 2008, Benson Margulies wrote:
> I somehow neglected to commit most of what I thought I committed last
> night, which is why my little commit of this afternoon busted the
> build.
>
> Thank you, Dan, for scraping up the mess.

I figured you were doing something with the AbstractDataBinding stuff.
I just did the bare minimum to get the build building and cruisecontrol
to stop spamming me.   :-)

> However, what shall we do about my xmime:contentType that you
> expurgated? The JavaScript code wants to see the attribute.
>
> Should I recreate it in its own package where it might not bust the
> schema?

Well, that was part of the issue.   The test wasn't actually using it
even though you thought it was.   :-)

Seriously, I spent quit a bit of time yesterday on that test trying to
get it to work, and failed.   Basically, it looks like there is no way
to get schema validation working with mtom turned on with JAXB.   Kind
of sucks.   This is already logged as:

Basically, you had set the mime type to be the xmime:base64Binary instead
of the xsd:base64Binary and providing the xmime version of a
Base64Binary class.   This really has two issues:
1) No "real world" service would normally do that so you are testing
something noone would really do.  (minor nit)
2) There was no way to get JAXB to generate a valid schema if you do so.
It always ommitted the xsd:import for the xmime.  I spent a bit of time
trying to figure this out and failed to get a valid schema out of it.

Because of 2, we couldn't create the schema object and thus validation
wasn't happening anyway.   Since validation wasn't occuring, I figured
it was just better to turn validation off and dispense with the hack
that wasn't working anyway.

Thoughts?

--
J. Daniel Kulp