cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Kamlesh <KSha...@scrippsnetworks.com>
Subject unable to get uri parameter in rest service having wrapped true
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 16:17:04 GMT

Hi, All

This is with refrence to my posting in CXF-user mailing list where I did not
get reply. I think it is bug in cxf. I am using CXF version 2.0.3.

http://www.nabble.com/unable-to-get-uri-parameter-in-rest-service-having-wrapped-true-to14518283.html

I have following simple service. In wrapped false mode I get correct
response:

url:
http://localhost:8080/mywebapp-web-1.0-SNAPSHOT/services/NamasteServiceRest/namaste/Kamlesh

  <ns2:namasteResponse
xmlns:ns2="http://webservices.transcode.scrippsnetworks.com/">Namaste
Kamlesh</ns2:namasteResponse>

But if I change configuration to wrapped true, I get following response

<ns2:namasteResponse
xmlns:ns2="http://webservices.transcode.scrippsnetworks.com/">
<response> Namaste null</response>
</ns2:namasteResponse>

Kindly help me to understand why.

 <jaxws:endpoint id="namaste_rest"

implementor="com.scrippsnetworks.transcode.webservices.impl.NamasteServiceImpl"
                   address="/NamasteServiceRest"
                   bindingUri="http://apache.org/cxf/binding/http">
       <jaxws:serviceFactory>
           <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxws.support.JaxWsServiceFactoryBean">
               <property name="wrapped" value="false" />
           </bean>
       </jaxws:serviceFactory>
   </jaxws:endpoint>

Interface:
========
@WebService
public interface NamasteService {
        @Get
    @HttpResource(location = "/namaste/{text}")
        String namaste(NamasteText text);

}

impl class
========

public class NamasteServiceImpl implements NamasteService {

        /* (non-Javadoc)
         * @see
com.scrippsnetworks.transcode.webservices.NamasteService#namaste(java.lang.String)
         */

        public String namaste(NamasteText text) {
                //
                return "Namaste " + text.getText();
        }

}