cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Implementing the rest of the DataReader and DataWriter
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 02:16:16 GMT

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 18:02 -0800, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2008, at 3:44 PM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>
> > Here's the question. Given an XML message, how do you unmarshal it
> > if it
> > lacks an xsi:type? If you have a list of root elements, then you know
> > their types.
> >
> > If you don't have a list of root elements, what QNames do you
> > associate
> > with the types? Do you assume that, if a class has schema type QName
> > {aaaa}b that it also likes to be a root element names {aaaa}b?
>
> Yes

This could only work at a safe distance from an actual web service.

When a service uses Aegis to write things, it supplies element names
from the parts. If you imagine a 'xsd2aegis' command, it would need some
way to annotate that {bloop}return is used as an element for
{bleep}sometype. Maybe this is a red herring, and this is a case in
which the reader knows what it expects. I suppose that making the read
side use the element QName as a type QName is better than just throwing
an exception in the absence of xsi:type or orders from Jupiter.