cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: tools for javascript
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 03:13:04 GMT
Jim and James,

I agreed with James, and now I want to agree with Jim.

The problem with calling Javascript a front end is that we then need two
front ends at the same time.

To generate JS from Java, we need to specify:

 ... JAXWS or Simple (and their options)
 ... JAXB or Aegis (or one of the more exotic others) (and their
options)
 ... the SEI
 ... the classpath

Given these items, we can construct a service model. Given a service
model, we can generate a client in JavaScript.

We can't make JS a third choice from JAXWS and Simple, because we need
to use of of them.

Sadly, I'm really exhausted. I'm going to go away, and look forward to
reading the results of your further deliberations when I get up in the
morning.

Hiding in the background is the existing support for Javascript
\servers/. Hypothetically, we could even have js2js. I propose to
completely ignore this issue for the moment.

--benson