cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: tools for javascript
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 02:48:05 GMT
This thing generates javascript clients. It works with the existing
frontends. All the generation code exists already in rt/javascript. We
could, I suppose, have a different generator for the pre-existing
javascript front end, to assist people in writting JavaScript \servers/.
My brain hurts in terms of how we name these things distinctly, since
they have pretty nearly nothing to do with each other.

Right now, if you have a service running against the trunk code, you can
push in a URL like:

http://host:port/Service?js

and get back a JavaScript client. The momentary goal is to have the
ability to do the same thing from command-line (or maven).

So, it really is like wsdl generation except that it generates a
different artifact.

It also makes sense to have a wsdl2js command, by the same logic.