cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: SOAP encoded support
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 00:07:49 GMT
On Dec 10, 2007, at 8:50 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Cool. I only skimmed the patch, but I think such a feature would be
> quite welcome. The way you're going about it is exactly the way I'd
> do do it - i.e. using Aegis. It was developed with soap encoding
> somewhat in mind, so I'm glad to hear it wasn't too hard to add
> some basic support.

That explains why the code seemed to naturally fit.

> The critical issue is of course interop. An avenue worth exploring
> might be to set up a series of unit tests which made CXF/Axis 1.x
> talk to each other.

I plan on.  I have been collecting example messages for the different
rpc/encoded systems from blogs and docs, so we should be able to at
least read most interpretations of SOAP encoded.  As for writing, I
think we will be able to write in a format that most systems should
be able to read, but for some really wacky systems, we may have to
have a dialect flag on the port.

> Thats about all the intelligent things I have to say on the issue.
> I will apologize for the parts of aegis that have become a complete
> mess. It needs a little cleanup and could stand to support XML
> schema a bit better too. I heartily encourage you to continue your
> efforts though and I think I'd probably welcome such patches into
> the code base.

That's good to hear.  There are a few sections of code that left me
scratching my head, so it's good to know that there is a good
possibility it is a bug as opposed to an obscure undocumented feature :)

-dain