cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Significant changes to Aegis API
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:19:08 GMT
Hi Benson,

You rock! From my brief look, this looks good. This is definitely only a
2.1 thing, but definitely good. I don't think there is a need for
backward compat of this stuff for 2.1, but others may have more definite
feelings on that than I.

One tweak - can we change DUMMY_ENCODING to DEFAULT_ENCODING? Just a
preference of mine really.

Benson Margulies wrote:
> My efforts in the process to really understand the use of the 'encoding
> URIs' remain disappointing. Some places they really are encoding URIs.
> Some places they are service target namespaces. And one place it has to
> the the special URL usually associated with the XSD prefix, or the WSDLs
> that come out of Aegis come out completely wrong
You have to realize that this is the first code that I ever wrote when
starting XFire like 4 some years ago. So I don't know that it
necessarily all makes sense still (but at least it still works, that
counts for something, no?). :-) The other big change in CXF now is that
there is one TypeMappingRegistry per service. In XFire there was one
global TypeMappingRegistry, the default type mapping with the xml schema
types and then per service type mappings. So a lot of those assumptions
don't hold true any more. We can probably collapse a lot of that stuff
and make it a lot simpler. I wonder if we could get rid of the TMR
altogether and collapse everything into one TypeMapping? Thoughts?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource