cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to slim down Aegis
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 19:12:07 GMT
Benson Margulies wrote:
> I have the following ideas:
>
> 1) Collapse the Context object entirely into the AegisDatabinding.

As I think about this, I remember the reason the Context is there. Its
so that Aegis could potentially be standalone someday. By collapsing
everything in to AegisDatabinding we make it much harder to make a
standalone databinding which is usable outside CXF.

So I think I'm against that change. If anything, we should work on
making Aegis completely standalone and usable in other projects.
> 2) Eliminate the 'multiple type mappings by encoding' business - unless
> Dain is getting mileage out of it for SOAP.
>
> The idea seems to have been that a mapping XML file could give different
> mappings for different soap encodings.
Are you trying to get completely rid of type mapping delegation as well?
i.e. the Service TypeMapping delegates to the default TypeMapping when
it can't find something.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse