cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Diesler <thomas.dies...@jboss.com>
Subject Feedback on JBossWS/CXF integration of WS-RM
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:29:57 GMT
Hi Folks,

over the last couple of days I tried to integrate CXF's WS-RM
implementation with JBossWS. Last summer, we announced that JBossWS
would provide a pluggable WS framework (see the links below) that would
allow JBoss customers to run CXF as the preferred WS implementation in
JBoss.

JBossWS supports CXF as a pluggable WS framework
http://netzooid.com/blog/2007/07/02/jbossws-supports-cxf-as-a-pluggable-ws-framework/

JBossWS supports pluggable Web Service stacks
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=112417

We have setup a common testsuite for JAX-WS endpoints and clients that
we test against (JBossWS) Native, Metro and CXF. In a nutshell, the
integration of cxf-2.0.3 looks promising with only a few outstanding issues

Resolve JBoss common jax-ws testsuite issues

The next thing I tried was to integrate CXF's WS-RM implementation. In
essence I tried to setup JAX-WS RPC/Document endpoints that I configured
to use RM. On the client side I tried to stick to standard JAX-WS API as
much as I could. The issues that I encountered on the way are aggregated
here

Resolve JBossWS/CXF WS-RM integration issues
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1328

some of them have workarounds, others not. What I currently have are
endpoints that reject non RM messages, but choke on RM messages because
of [CXF-1321]. The client seems to work ok for Document but not for RPC
[CXF-1322]

Ideally, I would like to get this work completed early next year.
Perhaps there is somebody available, who I could contact to discuss what
I should expect in terms of working functionality and how to get things
working in an integrated environment.

As a result I would write a step by step guide on howto enable a JAX-WS
endpoint for RM [CXF-1311].

Have a good holiday & cheers
-thomas

--