cxf-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: Copyright on generated code
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 02:36:54 GMT
The ?jsutil URL spits out the entire contents of a file, including the
> Apache IP notice.
>
> Question 1: Is this a good thing?
>
> Question 2: When we run java2ws -javascript -jsutil, that file, and that
> copyright, end up in front of the entire generated content. That really
> seems questionable to me.

I think it's not necessarily to include the apache header for the
generated code, that's not make sense,
You can check the wsdl2java, the generated java code, will not include
the apache header, but we do have some comments like that

/**
* This class was generated by Apache CXF (incubator) 2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT
* Tue Dec 04 17:17:04 CST 2007
* Generated source version: 2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT
*
*/

Just indicate that the files was generated by which version of CXF, and
on which date as well

James