cxf-dev mailing list archives

From James Mao <james....@iona.com>
Subject Re: tools for javascript
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2007 03:16:06 GMT

> James,
>
> The original code we donated was a wsdl2js tool. That tool disolved as I
> reimplemented its core as code in the rt/javascript project. That new
> code in there can generate a Javascript client based on a service model.
>

> In the rest of CXF, we have code to make service models from WSDL and
> from Java.
>
> While the ?js URL is a great idea, my feeling is that we need to also
> provide tools (command-line and Maven) for these tasks.
>
> I am not very sure of the appropriate modularity. On the javato side, I
> can see that this could fit into the existing implementation of java2ws
> pretty easily. Would we just add a -javascript argument to that tool?
> Personally, I would prefer to have it be a separate command line, even
> if it shared 99% of the code with the existing tool. However, that is
> not a very well-developed preference, and if everyone else prefers to
> just add syntax to java2ws, I will go there.

We used to have a java2/core before, it was designed to have that.
anyway, that's another story.

I'm OK to just add the js stuff into the java2ws for now, but we have to
remember that if things growing, we have to split it, that make things
more clear.
The shell scripts? definitely should have separate scripts

I bet we're actually agreed on that.