cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject SOAP encoded support
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 03:45:35 GMT
A couple of weeks ago I integrated CXF into OpenEJB for JaxWS
support, and it went so well that it got me thinking that it would be
great to use CXF for JaxRPC support as well.  When I met Dan Kulp at
ApacheCon, I mentioned this idea and he figured the biggest road
block for implementing JaxRPC is supporting RPC/Encoded.  So, last
weekend I had some free time and decided to try to hack SOAP encoded
support into CXF, and to my surprise it wasn't to difficult add Aegis
Types to support the SOAP strut and reference classes.

SOAP encoded struct support is provided by the StructType subclass of
BeanType.  I did have to extract a few methods from the writeObject
method to hook element writing.  I also had to make a couple of
methods more public.

As for how it works, the best place to start is the StructTypeTest.
Basically, read and write follow the same pattern:

   1) read/write message parts with the SoapRefType
   2) read/write trailing serialized blocks with TrailingBlocks

As each object is read we check if it contains a SOAP id attribute,
and if it does we register it with the SoapRefRegistry in the
context.  If an element contains a SOAP ref attribute we register a
ref that is "set" when the reference is resolved (which my be
immediately or later).

When writing, every complex object is given a SOAP id and every
reference to another complex object is written as a reference.  The
actual referenced object registered with the MarshalRegistry in the
context and is written by the TrailingBlocks class.

I've attached my patch to (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
CXF-1281). Next, I'm going to write Type class for SOAP encoded arrays.

WDYT?

-dain