cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can we remove the xalan dependency in Ws-security
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:26:09 GMT

Jim,

Irregardless of wss4j, we need to get this working with xalan.   xalan is
used by a LOT of different applications and JDK's so it really needs to
work.   Example: it's included as is in the IBM JDK.  It's also stuck on
the classpath in most app servers like Geronimo and WebSphere.   Thus,
we need to get this to work.

Looking at your code, you are using a StringWriter and calling the
jaxbContext.marshal(...) with that.   How about creating a
W3CDOMStreamWriter and calling marshal with that and then returning a
DOMSource instead?   Basically, have you tried the other various flavors
or marshal in JAXB?

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp