cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Abstraction on getting headers of different transports
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:05:32 GMT
On Tuesday 18 December 2007, Tully, Gary wrote:
> The Header Object would deal with soap headers, right?

Well, if other bindings have a way to map them into something, they could
do so.  SOAP is definitely the main one.

> Would a transport agnostic approach to dealing with
> javax.xml.ws.handler.MessageContext.HTTP_REQUEST_HEADERS work?
> So over JMS, the contents of a user provided HTTP_REQUEST_HEADERS
> would be mapped to a message property using some simple convention. In
> other words, any transport that *can* would consume and propagate
> HTTP_REQUEST_HEADERS/HTTP_RSPONSE_HEADERS.
>
> The implementation could be bases on the CXF MessageContext so that
> the simple front end could work also. That is, it need not just be the
> jaxws property that is recognised.

Ah.  Yes.   I misread Balaji's question.   He was asking about transport
headers, not binding level header.   In that case, yes the
MessageContext.HTTP_REQUEST_HEADERS should be used.

Technically, the transport should use Message.PROTOCOL_HEADERS on the
message for whatever direction that message is going.   The
HTTP_REQUEST_HEADERS thing is a JAX-WS thing that we map onto the
PROTOCOL_HEADERS.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp