cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Tully, Gary" <Gary.Tu...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Set duration Keep-Alive connection is used for
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:33:55 GMT
Hi Brendan,

CXF uses HTTPURlConnection from the jdk which looks after keepalive on
the client side.

The keepalive value for a given connection is taken from the http
Keep-Alive header if present but defaults to 5 seconds if absent.

I don't see anywhere that the keep-alive values are set by the CXF http
(server side) destination. It should be configurable I think.

This is CXF to CXF communications, right?

You could try setting the headers from your server implementation:

Setting the HTTP header values in your response:
  "Connection keep-alive" and "Keep-Alive max=20"

The client should respect the 20 as a 20 second keepalive timeout.

If in JAXWS mode, use the
javax.xml.ws.handler.MessageContext.HTTP_RESPONSE_HEADERS to set the
header values.

Hope this helps,
Gary.

Registered Number: 171387