cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Significant changes to Aegis API
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 23:32:55 GMT
Thanks for the kind words. I'll change the name.

I have the compat stuff done, as it happens. I could take it back
out ... which would be good from a code-size standpoint. I don't love
making old code silently stop working, which is what will happen without
the compat stuff.

I really don't mean any criticism of your work in my struggle with the
TM/TMR/URI stuff. I appreciate that some things got into interesting
states on the way across from XFire, and the whole business is, after
all, a marvelous (in the Tom Waits sense) ... toy? Really, I intend that
remark to be an entirely positive characterization.

I agree about your target of collapsing things for the very reason you
say. Now that we don't have some a global TMR, the multi-part structure
doesn't do us any service.

I'm whining because not understanding what is going on is a real bee in
my bonnet. I need to suck it up and read the code until I understand it.

Either that or trade Dain an apple core for this next piece of
remodularization.