cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal to slim down Aegis
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:42:50 GMT
A little more reading leaves me somewhat more confused. Even before the
changes I made last night, the Context did not represent a
'cxf-independent' Aegis API. We really don't have one (in the sense of a
single class). The comment at the top of Context says that it's
per-message, and indeed it stores a collection of attachments.

Let's imagine a new class called AegisContext that works like my
previous email: it has a type mapping registry, it manages overrides and
configuration behaviors, and an AegisDatabinding uses it.

The existing context might get a new name or might or might not lose
some functionality to the new class, and the databinding class would go
on a diet.