cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject When do return parts have elements?
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2007 03:07:57 GMT
Dan,

Until a few minutes ago, I had everything working by following the
following rule: in RPC, return values have an element based on the
output part. In Doc/Literal, there is no such element.

Then I hit a counter-example from one of our demos. The CXF service for
this method produces a part-level element. And I'm failing to figure out
from the model data structure how I'm supposed to tell that this needs
different treatment. My first thought was that isElement on the part
would clue me in. No such luck. Many of the output message parts which
do not generate a part-level element have isElement = true.

 @ResponseWrapper(localName = "sayHiResponse", targetNamespace =
"http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http/types", className =
"org.apache.hello_world_soap_http.types.SayHiResponse")
    @RequestWrapper(localName = "sayHi", targetNamespace =
"http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http/types", className =
"org.apache.hello_world_soap_http.types.SayHi")
    @WebResult(name = "responseType", targetNamespace =
"http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http/types")
    @WebMethod
    public java.lang.String sayHi();