cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: SOAP encoded support
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:59:48 GMT
I'm hardly an expert here, but isn't RPC/encoded obsolete/not WS-I BP
compliant?  (JAX-RPC, likewise?) Axis2 has resisted supporting it for
multiple years now--they refer their users to Axis1 for it.  (Also,
don't users who need this functionality rely on Axis1 xFire instead?)  I
can understand needing to retain obsolete technologies for backwards
compatibility issues, but to retrofit CXF and have it now support an
obsolete standard where it didn't before seems questionable.

I'm not sure we should be supporting this deprecated technology, or
providing an avenue for users to be working with it.

Glen