cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Junit 4 versus us
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:39:02 GMT
Dan,

Here's the soggy history of this:

Step 1: define a base class @Before that protocols with derived classes
to read in some beans.

Step 2: Get completely hosed by the engine lifecycle department.

Step 3: Get the idea that all the @Tests in the class could really just
share a set of bean-defined clients and services, they don't need them
to be reconstructed for each @Test.

Step 4: discover that the object is constructed over and over for each
@Test, so setting up in a constructor won't work.

Step 5: resort to a static boolean.

If we had the engine lifecycle set up so that a Before/After class could
start/stop http services reliably, then I could, as it were, go back to
step 1.