cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject RE: Re: Anybody want an XMLHttpRequest
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:20:31 GMT
Cameron,

It currently occupies one .java file and uses no CXF stuff at all (Well, actually, it has
one statement for logging that uses a CXF class. Easily changed.) So making it usable is just
a matter of JAR-if-ication.

The other caveat is that I completely punted on 'user' and 'password'.

I have a feeling that it would be hard to get a consensus from the cxf-dev list with Dan Kulp
on vacation this week, and I don't feel comfortable splitting this out into a JAR on my own
recognizance. So I'd like to hold this thought until some others chime in.

If you look at the source at this instant, you will see a comment threatening to add a bunch
of CXF dependencies for the CXF local transport as an additional protocol. My current thinking
is to flush the comment and only add those dependencies to a subclass if I ever get there,
so don't let \that/ bother you.

This sort of cries out (squeaks softly?) for an Apache 'commons-rhino' where we could all
dump handy Rhino extensions. As (a) CXF is still in the incubator, and (b) I'm a rather new
committer, I wouldn't know how to inquire after the practicality of that.

--benson