cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Benson Margulies" <bim2...@basistech.com>
Subject Unqualified element names, xmlschema, service model
Date Sat, 17 Nov 2007 21:37:51 GMT
Some facts about XmlSchema finally came together in my head. Some of
what I've recently written in a couple of JIRA's is not right, but I
think that we have a problem.

I've been complaining about elements without namespaces. Well, duh,
these are \unqualified elements/. That means that they live in the
XmlSchema where they are defined, and they have no global name. You
can't find them by asking an XmlSchemaCollection to look for them.
(There is a JAXB angle to this that hurts my head: what on earth does it
mean to make namespace be "" for an XmlRootElement in that case?)

In turn, that means that you can't store a QName in, say, a
MessagePartInfo, for an unqualified element name unless you have some
other indication of what schema the element comes from.

This might justify a little used to store element references in parts.
Or it might justify depending on a schema type sitting next to such
element name references.