cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Jervis" <j...@iona.com>
Subject Disabled PMD rule "AssignmentInOperand"
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 03:01:08 GMT
Hi,

I disabled PMD rule "AssignmentInOperand", i.e., "Avoid assignments in operands.". The code
in question is as below:

        byte[] tmp = new byte[4096];
        int i = 0;
        InputStream is = new FileInputStream(inputFile);
        try {
            while ((i = is.read(tmp)) >= 0) {
                outputstream.write(tmp, 0, i);
            }
        } finally {
            is.close();
        }

I've already committed this change as I believe the snippet above is the best way to write
this code. Having that said, you still have a chance to shout out if you strongly against
this change :-)

Cheers,
Jervis

Registered Number: 171387