cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Liu, Jervis" <j...@iona.com>
Subject RE: Maven version for CXF.....
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 01:58:01 GMT
Actually I was a bit hesitated when I wrote the restful_jaxrs demo client using httpClient.
The reason I was hesitated was precisely same as Dan has pointed out, is it justified to add
a new dependency only for the purpose of demo? I went ahead to use HttpClient as I found using
HttpClient does relieve a user from writing trivial and low level code such as handling stream
writing etc thus the demo itself is more illustratable. Of course we can provide an utility
class/method on top of HttpURLConnection, but then we turned ourselves into another implementation
of HttpClient.

Solutions: It might be hard for Maven to handle this situation. If we can not find a way around
to fix this version problem, then I will rewrite restful_jaxrs using HttpURLConnection. Otherwise
I would suggest we keep HttpClient. Thoughts?

Cheers,
Jervis

Registered Number: 171387