cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Bhole, Ulhas" <ulhas.bh...@iona.com>
Subject RE: SOAP over JMS Questions
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 09:48:00 GMT
Hi Glen/William,

Normally Configuration always takes precedence over WSDL Extensor so you can specify the jms:address
info. from config and it will ignore WSDL Extensor info. It would be nice see some standard
URL form but that wouln't represent the complete info. required  to contact JMS broker in
easy way. I tried doing that previously and it become tied to  ActiveMQ so had to discard
it.

Regards,

Ulhas Bhole

-----Original Message-----
From: Jiang, Ning (Willem) [mailto:Ning.Jiang@iona.com]
Sent: Sun 04/11/2007 07:34
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: SOAP over JMS Questions

Hi Glen,

My comments are in the mail.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Mazza [mailto:glen.mazza@verizon.net]
Sent: Sun 11/4/2007 6:46
To: cxf-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: SOAP over JMS Questions

Team,

A couple of questions on our SOAP over JMS implementation:

1.)  What must the name be of the configuration file for JMS
configuration?  Where must it be located?  AFAICT our wiki page[1] isn't
saying.  [2] seems to indicate that it's called either jms.xml (first
paragraph) or cxf.xml (title of first source code box), but I don't know
if that is just Christian's choice there--i.e., it can actually be named
anything.

<Willem>
You can name the configuration file as what as you want and the default
configuration file name is cxf.xml. The default location that CXF will look for
a configuration for is "/cxf.xml" on the class path. If you wish to override
this location, you can specify a command line property:
-Dcxf.config.file=some_other_config.xml. If you want to use the url as the
configuration location, you can specify a command line property:
-Dcxf.config.file.url=config_file_url.
</Willem>

2.)  Is there a reason why we allow configuration in the WSDL[1] in
addition to the configuration file?  I think configuration file alone is
good (just like it is for SOAP over HTTP).  Some of the properties that
would go in the WSDL, such as connectionUserName and connectionPassword,
don't seem appropriate for a WSDL--a WSDL, after all, is meant to be
read by lots of people.

<Willem> I agree with you.
CXF's JMS transport can get the address information from WSDL and
Configuration file. If I remember right the configuration file can
Override the WSDL's extension. </Willem>

I mention this second point also because I think Dan K. said he would
like us to have the option of using the Spring JMS abstraction[3] for
configuration--which sounds good but maintaining three separate
configuration methods appears overly burdensome.  I wonder if
WSDL-configuration of SOAP over JMS should be deprecated then.  FWIW,
Axis2 does not do JMS configuration in the WSDL[4].  Metro does a little
bit[5], but just trivially in the soap:address section of the
wsdl:service section.

<Willem> I also think we should support the Spring JMS template, which
could be more wildly used :), and I think adrian.corcoran are working
n it now </Willem>

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/jms-transport.html