cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: SOAP over JMS Questions
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:22:20 GMT
Jiang, Ning (Willem) schrieb:
> You can name the configuration file as what as you want and the default
> configuration file name is cxf.xml. The default location that CXF will look for
> a configuration for is "/cxf.xml" on the class path. If you wish to override
> this location, you can specify a command line property:
> -Dcxf.config.file=some_other_config.xml. If you want to use the url as the
> configuration location, you can specify a command line property:
> -Dcxf.config.file.url=config_file_url.

Additionally you can specify a different location if you create the cxf
bus yourself.

SpringBeanFactory.createBus("mycxf.xml")

> 2.)  Is there a reason why we allow configuration in the WSDL[1] in
> addition to the configuration file?  I think configuration file alone is
> good (just like it is for SOAP over HTTP).  Some of the properties that
> would go in the WSDL, such as connectionUserName and connectionPassword,
> don't seem appropriate for a WSDL--a WSDL, after all, is meant to be
> read by lots of people.

I agree with you that passwords do not belong in the WSDL. The problem
is that there is no worldwide consens about how to write a url for a jms
address.
The queuename alone is not enough as it is only unambiguous in the
context of a jms server. So a jms address must always contain some
identification for the jms server and the queue.

> <Willem> I agree with you.
> CXF's JMS transport can get the address information from WSDL and
> Configuration file. If I remember right the configuration file can
> Override the WSDL's extension. </Willem>
>
> I mention this second point also because I think Dan K. said he would
> like us to have the option of using the Spring JMS abstraction[3] for
> configuration--which sounds good but maintaining three separate
> configuration methods appears overly burdensome.  I wonder if
> WSDL-configuration of SOAP over JMS should be deprecated then.  FWIW,
> Axis2 does not do JMS configuration in the WSDL[4].  Metro does a little
> bit[5], but just trivially in the soap:address section of the
> wsdl:service section.

We should not completely drop the address support in wsdls. Instead I
think it would be great to support the upcoming standard for soap/jms
WSDLs. The only thing I donĀ“t like about it is that it is java centric.
It would be better to have a standard for soap / messaging.

http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/01/soap-jmi-standard

> <Willem> I also think we should support the Spring JMS template, which
> could be more wildly used :), and I think adrian.corcoran are working
> n it now </Willem>

Spring JMS Templates would be great. At least I would like to have the
possibility to define the ConnectionFactory outside the address and only
reference it there.

Greetings

Christian

--