cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JAXWS + JAXB + CXF's auto-wrapper feature
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:49:42 GMT
On Friday 30 November 2007, Benson Margulies wrote:
> 1) So, this legitimatized my JIRA calling for preferring WebParam to
> XmlRootElement.
>
> 2) This sure is an argument for Bare. JAX-WS doesn't touch
> elementForm, so all these people who want to control the elementForm
> are going to stay sad.

Actually, there are other ways to control it as well without resorting to
Bare.   You can use handcoded @Request/@ResponseWrappers and throw a
package-info.java thing into the same package as the wrappers to force
them into a Qualified schema.    I think with the targetNamespace on
@RequestWrapper, you may be able to set the elementname and namespace to
a namespace of the other JAXB types that have a package-info thing as
well without the actual creation of the wrappers classes.  Thus, the
wrapper types would be generated into a schema that is set to qualified.

Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer