cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Difference between cxf.xml and cxf-servlet.xml?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 18:09:36 GMT
OK, I'm still researching all of this (and others' related emails) to
update the documentation--but I have one question left:  Does anyone
know, that if I have *both* a Spring configuration file (i.e., the
"beans.xml"[1] file in the java_first_spring_support sample below)
declared in the web.xml[2] and cxf.xml in the classpath, if *both* will
be loaded?  Or does the former prevent the latter from being loaded and
processed?  The CXF source code that covers this is somewhat cryptic but
I can research it more thoroughly if necessary.

Thanks,
Glen

[1] http://tinyurl.com/352htd
[2] http://tinyurl.com/3djrlz

Am Freitag, den 16.11.2007, 10:53 +0800 schrieb Jeff Yu:
> java_first_spring_support sample "beans.xml", it doesn't need to have a
> cxf-servlet.xml  in the WEB-INF folder.

Excellent example.  Thanks for pointing it out.

> In fact, the cxf-servlet.xml just replace the http transport ID to the
> servlet. ( in this case, the cxf-servlet.xml in the
> cxf-rt-transports-http module).

Good point.  I just noticed there are two different cxf-servlet.xml's,
the one above (in META-INF of the CXF JAR) just does the above as you're
saying.

> The reason why the cxf-servlet.xml in the WEB-INF folder would works, in
> this case, the cxf-servlet.xml contains the endpoint configuration such
> as<jaxws:endpoint>..,
> because we define a "<servlet-name>cxf</servlet-name>" in the web.xml,
> by default, it would pick up the "cxf-servlet.xml" in the war..

Actually, that is exactly how Spring MVC's DispatcherServlet works,
xxxx-servlet.xml; but in our CXFServlet class it is hardcoded to look
for a "cxf-servlet.xml" no matter what the servlet-name is.