cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Difference between cxf.xml and cxf-servlet.xml?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 04:16:38 GMT
Thanks, everyone, for all your responses.  I'm continuing to verify all
these options and then document them (if necessary) in the Wiki.  Note
I'll be gone for the next few days, so it will probably be Monday or
Tuesday before I can start again.

Regards,
Glen

Am Freitag, den 16.11.2007, 10:53 +0800 schrieb Jeff Yu:
> java_first_spring_support sample "beans.xml", it doesn't need to have a
> cxf-servlet.xml  in the WEB-INF folder.
> In fact, the cxf-servlet.xml just replace the http transport ID to the
> servlet. ( in this case, the cxf-servlet.xml in the
> cxf-rt-transports-http module).
>
> The reason why the cxf-servlet.xml in the WEB-INF folder would works, in
> this case, the cxf-servlet.xml contains the endpoint configuration such
> as<jaxws:endpoint>..,
> because we define a "<servlet-name>cxf</servlet-name>" in the web.xml,
> by default, it would pick up the "cxf-servlet.xml" in the war..
>
> so, to be specific, which case of cxf-servlet.xml do you refer to? For
> the cxf-servlet.xml in the WEB-INF folder, it is optional. You can do as
> same as java_first_spring_support sample did...
> use another xml, and then ask spring's ContextLoaderListener to load it..
>
> Thanks
> Jeff
>
> Glen Mazza wrote:
> > Do we have a sample anywhere of the syntax of this--specifying the
> > Spring app context in the XML, and what such a config file would look
> > like?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Glen
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, den 15.11.2007, 11:12 -0500 schrieb Jiang, Ning (Willem):
> >
> >> If you specify the Spring application context in your web.xml file.
> >> You do not need to touch any of cxf.xml and cxf-servlet.xml.
> >>
> >> I admit that CXF provides lots of configuration here.
> >>
> >> Willem.

confidential information.  If you are not the addressee, or if this Message has been addressed
to you in error, you are not authorized to read, copy, or distribute it, and we ask that you
please delete it (including all copies) and notify the sender by return email.  Delivery of
this Message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) shall not be deemed a waiver
of confidentiality and/or a privilege.