cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: SOAP over JMS Questions
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:03:26 GMT
Am Sonntag, den 04.11.2007, 11:22 +0100 schrieb Christian Schneider:

> > I mention this second point also because I think Dan K. said he would
> > like us to have the option of using the Spring JMS abstraction[3] for
> > configuration--which sounds good but maintaining three separate
> > configuration methods appears overly burdensome.  I wonder if
> > WSDL-configuration of SOAP over JMS should be deprecated then.  FWIW,
> > Axis2 does not do JMS configuration in the WSDL[4].  Metro does a little
> > bit[5], but just trivially in the soap:address section of the
> > wsdl:service section.
> >
> We should not completely drop the address support in wsdls.

To clarify what I had written, yes, I agree with you--I don't see a
problem with soap:address giving JMS (identification)-- it seems even
ideal that way, with additional configuration being in a cxf-jms.xml or
whatever while (similar to cxf-servlet).  My general concern was whether
we are allowing too much configuration beyond that to be specified in
the WSDL.

> Instead I
> think it would be great to support the upcoming standard for soap/jms
> WSDLs. The only thing I donĀ“t like about it is that it is java centric.
> It would be better to have a standard for soap / messaging.
>
> http://www.infoq.com/news/2007/01/soap-jmi-standard

Nothing much seems to have come of this though over the past year, as if
there isn't as much demand.  Perhaps to some extent the reasons may be
that WS-Reliable Messaging takes away a lot of the need for JMS and/or
if you're using JMS already, the SOAP protocol is less necessary or a
suboptimal message format.  But I'm still quite the newbie on this
topic.

(Thanks Willem and Ulhas also for your responses as well.)

Regards,
Glen